Thursday, January 27, 2011

portrait tips

- Use props! Are you a dad and a rocker? Bring your kid and your guitar. Are you a photographer? Add camera gear. Painter? Paint. Poet? Words. Make-up artist? Guess… You get the idea.
2. - If you can, hook up your camera directly to your computer (or, for extra-fancy bonus points, your TV) so you can see your pictures come up as you take ‘em. It’s a lot easier to iterate and to make gradual improvements to your photos that way.
3. - Use a tripod. Seriously. While it’s possible to get good photos while you’re hanging on to your camera at arms-length, it’s a lot easier if you’ve got the freedom to move around a bit.

 
 I like this environmental portrait because of the balance created by the birds in the background. It also has a really cool background with the mountains.
This is a good environmental portrait because the lighting is cool and the sky looks amazing.

 I really like this self portrait because the effect the photographer used to make it look like hes a ghost or something.
In this picture, i like the technique that the photographer used and reminds me of that self portrait that M.C.  Escher drew of his reflection on the mirror-like ball. 

 This is a good portrait of this guy because obviously he likes donuts and hes in a picture with what he loves.
This here is good portrait of Grant Hill because he's got the city behind him

In my portrait, i plan on getting a cool shot of me and my guitar. I don't know who I'll shoot or who will shoot me but i know what i want my portrait to be of

No comments:

Post a Comment